"we could kick it in the living room, looking through my whole vinyl collection and you could show me how to slow dance or something."
-Frank Ocean,Songs for Women
Love is in the air.
Inspired by the magical spirit of Valentine's Day, coined by consumerism as the national day of love, I decided to curate a really dope play list (if I must say so myself), designed specifically for Hip-Hop lovers in love. Whether you're single or in a relationship, this is a great mix for a late night listening session to vibe and fall in love with hip-hop all over again.
From the girl who loves music and still believes custom mix CD's for that special someone are the most romantic thing ever, Happy Valentine's day from me to you!
- The Light - Common
- Paris, Tokyo - Lupe Fiasco
- The Shining Pt. 1, Diamonds - J Dilla
- The Bloom - Wale
- Beautiful - Snoop Dogg ft. Pharrell
- Stay - Mac Miller
- The Book of Soul - Ab-Soul
- Prototype - Outkast
- Cherry Wine - Nas ft. Amy Winehouse
- Third Eye - Big K.R.I.T.
- You Got Me - The Roots ft. Erykah Badu
- Int'l Players Anthem - Outkast, UGK
- We Know - Talib Kweli ft. Faith Evans
- No One Else in the Room - Nas ft. Maxwell
- Sunday Candy - Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment
- Foldin' Clothes - J. Cole
- Come Close - Common ft. Mary J. Blige
- Into You - Fabolous ft. Tamia
- Poetic Justice - Kendrick Lamar, Drake
- So Far to Go - Common ft. D'Angelo / Common, J. Dilla