The Madness just isn't over just yet and the drama continues to unravel. Between tonight and tomorrow, we'll get to watch 3 unlikely-to-make-it-this-far contenders fight for a spot in the Final Four of the NCAA madness. Here are my picks for who I see moving forward to the Final Four this weekendRead More
No one wants to be the guy who gets caught up in the moment, but this has already been the craziest NCAA Tournament ever. The first two rounds provided a slew of exciting games and unbelievable upsets including the unthinkable. After 135 losses, a 16-seed (UMBC) took down a 1-seed (UVA).Read More
|photo cred: Maddie Meyer-Getty|
- For starters, it's no new news who dominated the NCAA basketball tournament, but a huge congratulations is due to the ladies of University of South Carolina for winning their very first NCAA championship title and to the University of North Carolina Men's basketball.
- Also, shout out to Morgan William, guard for Mississippi State University's team, who came in super clutch with the final shot that ultimately lead to a victory over University of Connecticut in the Final Four, single handedly ending UConn's 111 game winning streak. After the tragic loss of her father just a few years prior, that was such a beautiful moment.
- I hadn't watched WWE since the late 90's, but this year, I was really into the entire week of WrestleMania events. Not only was the production itself incredible, but I now have a new found respect for the athleticism behind professional wrestling. It was really cool getting to know all the animated characters, almost like watching a sitcom with heavy action, tough fighting scenes, and dramatic, yet entertaining story lines. It lead me to binge watch Total Divas as well just to get a little more insight on the women of WWE. I definitely felt the glow (Trinity Fatu aka Naomi is one of my faves).
NBA + playoff szn
- The endless discussion when it comes to the NBA seems to be who should be this year's MVP and the conversation continues to blow my mind. I could be like every other sports writer and write a think piece on why I've chosen Russell Westbrook over everyone else in the running, but to save time and energy: Russell Westbrook for MVP. The end.
- Speaking of Brodie, this article confirms my belief that there was never bad blood between Westbrook and Durant.
- Saturday April 15, 2017 is officially day 1 of NBA playoff szn.
- The top 4 teams clinched in the eastern conference:
- Celtics (52-29)
- Cleveland (51-30)
- Wizards (49-32)
- Raptors (50-31)
- In the west:
- Warriors (66-15)
- Spurs (61-20)
- Rockets (54-27)
- Clippers (50-31).
NFL + NFL Draft 2017
- NFL Draft is quickly approaching and so much is happening on that playground. It's always a thrill to try to guess who will go where and how the team will take to the new rookie in town. Just to get a glimpse of what the playing field looks like to the executives and reps, here are a list of NFL's top 50 prospects for this year's draft...
- In other distant news, Tony Romo has officially "retired" and will soon be taking a position as NFL analyst over at CBS Sports. In a quote provided by Todd Archer, reporter for ESPN, Romo expressed his sentiments about leaving the team:
"That's part of playing sports. It doesn't always go the way you expect. You can put everything into it and sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't..."
- After 14 seasons with the franchise, it's unfortunate that the Cowboys didn't honor him a little better, but I do believe the ones who truly enjoyed watching him play showed appreciation for his dedication to Dallas. It was bittersweet to watch it all play out, but certainly, I can speak on behalf on all fans by wishing him well in all his future endeavors.
- The New York Mets had a phenomenal win this week, sealing the deal on a 14-4 victory against the Phillies; achieving 20 hits, 14 extra base hits, and 14 runs. Yoenis Cespedes was in a zone last night, becoming the first Met with multiple 3-homer games. #LGM!!!
- There was speculation that Yoenis was well on his way to the free agency, however, it's been confirmed that he resigned a 4-year contract with his current team last November, so the Mets won't have any issues in that regard.
- When it comes to baseball, I've been completely out of the loop, because why am I just now finding out that Matt Kemp is on the Atlanta Braves now?!? I have to do better...
|Photo credit: Derik Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports|
Follow me on Twitter: @TheSkyBoxSuite | @ChymereA
- Moore, Matt. "NBA Playoff Picture: Scenarios headed into the final night of the regular season" CBS Sports. published 11 April 2017. accessed 11 April 2017.
- Todd, Jeff. "Mets Re-Sign Yoenis Cespedes" MLB Trade Rumors. published 16 November 2016. accessed 10 April 2017.
- Wagner, James. "Yoenis Cespedes Hits Three Homers as Mets Rout the Phillies" New York Times. published 11 April 2017. accessed 11 April 2017.
Back in the day when I originally launched a sports blog, I had a segment called Mon-Wave Mondays, which was essentially a briefing of the recent news stories that stood out to me. For someone who has notifications on from Bleacher Report and ESPN, there is constantly a headline in the wonderful world of sports, always a story.Read More